Robert Nesta Marley(6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, and musician. Considered one of the pioneers of reggae, his musical career was marked by fusing elements of reggae, ska, and rocksteady, as well as his distinctive vocal and songwriting style. Marley’s contributions to music increased the visibility of Jamaican music worldwide, and made him a global figure in popular culture for over a decade. Over the course of his career, Marley became known as a Rastafari icon, and he infused his music with a sense of spirituality.
Here are some quotes from Bob Marley.
- The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
- Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.
- I don’t stand for the black man’s side, I don’ t stand for the white man’s side. I stand for God’s side.
- As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.
- My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.
- People want to listen to a message, word from Jah. This could be passed through me or anybody. I am not a leader. Messenger. The words of the songs, not the person, is what attracts people.
- Don’t gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.
- You entertain people who are satisfied. Hungry people can’t be entertained – or people who are afraid. You can’t entertain a man who has no food.
- You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.
- It take many a year, mon, and maybe some bloodshed must be, but righteousness someday prevail.
- Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
- If you get down and quarell everyday, you’re saying prayers to the devil, I say.
- God sent me on earth. He send me to do something, and nobody can stop me. If God want to stop me, then I stop. Man never can.
- What important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind.